We’re really happy to welcome Dr. Florencia Yannelli on the podcast. She is an ecologist and plant researcher who was not stopped by Corona to do science – she simply did the experiment at home!
Florencia’s research interest lies in invasive species and how they influence the community of plants and microbes in their habitats. We talk about her academic and home research and what role scientific outreach plays for her. You can learn more about Florencia on her website and get in touch through her twitter: @floryannelli.
- YouTube Channel of father and son doing science (Suisse German)
- Flor’s original article in nature: The lockdown walk that inspired an experiment
- Bad Project
- Article on women’s impact on bird research
- Simple Writer
- Hi Knowledge: Interactive visualisation tools for a better understanding of science and nature
- Soap box science
- Cortaderia is a beautiful invasive plant
- @Morethanweeds on twitter
- @curiouswilds on twitter
- Korina (app/website to find neophytes in Germany)
Thanks again to Florencia to be a guest on our show!
Make sure to check out The Plant Book Club in your podcast app!
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!