This week, we’re talking about plant intelligence and whether or not a pea plant can be conditioned like a dog.
Markel, K. (2020). Lack of evidence for associative learning in pea plants. ELife, 9.
- Fans of end-of-the-world films deal better with Covid
- New Zealands response to a careless jerk
- Simpson’s paradox is a statistical fallacy where incorrect pooling of data leads to false conclusions of the overall trend. Here is a good video on it
- Complaint about the snakes
- JANE is a tool to identify reviewers based on your abstract/title of your work.
- Problematic Pier Paolo Pandolfi
- Facebook Fact Checking Example
- Assisted migration in trees could help mitigate the damages of climate change
- Dinosaur ancestors may have been tiny
- There is a virtual cat show
Make sure to check out The Plant Book Club in your podcast app!
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!