It wasn’t always easy. It was no walk in the park. But with perseverance, focus and endurance we made it to 100 mostly plant science facts! I think we all deserve a round of applause, a pat on the back and a new hoya for the living room. Enjoy!
- Jumping Cholla: When Cacti Attack
- Why is my orange green? | Plant Scientist
- Clematis ‘Maria Sklodowska Curie’ – BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine
- The ‘Confessions’ of Karl Marx (or these are a few of his favorite things)
- Jean Nicot
- Racism lurks in names given to plants and animals. That’s starting to change
- Decoloniality and anti-oppressive practices for a more ethical ecology
- Nikolai Vavilov Episode 10: Tetris and the Seed Potatoes of Leningrad
- Turgor pressure
- Squirting Cucumber: The Plant That Explodes
- Himalayan Balsam Explosive Seed Pods. Impatiens Glandulifera.
- A seed flying like a bullet: ballistic seed dispersal in Chinese witch-hazel (Hamamelis mollis OLIV., Hamamelidaceae) | Journal of The Royal Society Interface
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!