They didn’t think we could do it and then we did. This is batch three of four, with the facts 50 to 75 in our countdown (countup?) to 100 mostly plant science facts.
- The importance of being red when young: anthocyanins and the protection of young leaves of Quercus coccifera from insect herbivory and excess light
- Tofu whey wastewater is a promising basal medium for microalgae culture
- The complete plastid genome sequence of the parasitic green alga Helicosporidium sp. is highly reduced and structured.
- Indian scientists discover new ‘mermaid’ plant species in Andamans archipelago
- Ricinus – Wikipedia
- Wikipedia: Ricin
- Can Coconut Water Be Used as a Substitute for Blood Plasma?
- Dracunculus vulgaris – Wikipedia
- Thermogenic plant – Wikipedia Thermogenic plant
- Plant scientists’ research attention is skewed towards colourful, conspicuous and broadly distributed flowers
- Plants v. lasers: remarkable root regeneration – Plants and Pipettes
- Alismatales – Wikipedia
- Bees of the sea: Tiny crustaceans pollinate underwater plants
- Gene name errors: Lessons not learned
- Plants to uncover landmines
- Solar Protocol
- The Moss That Lives under a Rock
- resurrection plants
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!