While Joram is running at 1% brain battery, Tegan makes up for the lack of a decent podcast partner by bringing a really cool paper: researchers found a 30 second timer within venus fly traps. Plus more sutff!
Paper of the week: Suda, H., Mano, H., Toyota, M. et al. Calcium dynamics during trap closure visualized in transgenic Venus flytrap. Nat. Plants 6, 1219–1224 (2020).
More about touch in plants on Plants and Pipettes
Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch me
Hungry caterpillar sends vibrations through leaves
Our very first podcast episode, including a paper about touch in plants
- Sick bats naturally social distance themselves which makes mask deniers officially dumber than a bat
- Cool bat content on instagram at @batsforlife_kristen
- Newts are cool
- Time Warp by Tenacious D
- Cutest Dinosaur baby
- New research shows that we underestimated the carbon sink capacity of some chinese forests
- Pandas mate on video in the wild
- The worst name for bacteria
- Restoring indigenous names in latin nomenclature
- What does the electron transport chain look like in the cell?
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!